[oletrucks] Fenton Headers

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fenton Headers
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:12:06 -0400
Has anyone had there headers coated? Where did you have it done? Jet Hot?
Other? Did you bother to buff the headers first?

I bought a manifold kit from Eastwood. Getting the speed right on the
carbide burr was a major trick in getting a smooth first pass. The sandpaper
rolls worked pretty good. I now have a 120 grit finish on the entire
headers.

I would like to send them off and have them coated. Jet-Hot quoted me
$195.00 for their sterling silver finish.

There is a place that advertises in the 12 port news, Cap's Brite Hot
Coatings. Anyone use them. I would like to support them if it is
recommended. They coating is called CermaKrome.

If you want to see them click on this link:

http://home.twcny.rr.com/schickling/1940Chevy/rebuild/dscn1814.jpg

The picture isn't great, but you can see I ground off some of the extra
casting material in the joint between the pipes. The entire surface has been
smoothed.

Thanks,

Bill Schickling