Re: [oletrucks] Help with paint color for 216 for '46 3/4 ton

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>, Michael Lubitz
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help with paint color for 216 for '46 3/4 ton
From: The Botelers <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:47:24 -0400
Michael,

These engines were mass produced for mass production cars and trucks.  The
long block was assembled at the engine plant with bell housing attached and
then painted.  To be completely correct everything would be painted the
engine color (bolt heads, manifolds, water pump, edges of the pan gaskets,
blow-by tube, etc.).  So, if you want a 100 point truck that's the way it
needs to be, but if you want to drive it paint the exhaust manifold Hi-Heat
Cast Iron or Gray so it will look new longer.

Same goes for the Starter, Generator and Distributor, I believe they were
all painted after assembly, most guys use Gloss or Semi-Gloss Black.

The fuel pump is natural die cast color.  Fuel lines are natural steel
color.

I am not 100% sure, but I think the fan should be engine color (some guys
think it should be Black because that the way they come out of the box as
replacements).  I think either way you would be OK.

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake