[oletrucks] Re: Car dollies

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Car dollies
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:58:26 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/2004 11:39:37 AM Central Standard Time, Mask1966
writes:
I know this subject was discussed before, but now I need some advice.  I'd
like to hear from anyone who has used a car dolly (U-haul or other brand) to
transport an AD truck any distance.  My upcoming retirement and move to
Illinois
is prompting the questions.  I need to know the good and bad connected to this
idea.  I plan to pull it with a small/medium rental truck.

Although a couple of truckers had good experiences with tow dollies, the
consensus is a double axle car hauler would be the safest way to go.  I think
I'll
go that way and not have to worry about loosing my investment.  P.S.  I
decline the offer from Robert to take care of my truck if I leave it with him.
Thanks to all who responded.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside