[oletrucks] 1954 rocker arm sequence

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1954 rocker arm sequence
From: "Larry Burnett" <larburnett@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:30:37 -0500
OK, a bit of a problem.  I've got a shop manual for my 50, but my engine's a
54.  So I'm putting the head back on, followed by the push rods and rocker
arms.  However, the numbers that are on the rocker arms don't follow what's
in the book as far as the sequence goes, so none of my arms are matching up
to the valves.  Does anyone have the correct number that are stamped on a 54
(235) and what valve they go to?  The manual shows 9,0,3 and 4 as the number
on the rocker arm, but what I've got actually has 24s, 10s, etc. actually
stamped on the rocker arm.

Any help's mucho appreciated.

-Larry