[oletrucks] Looking for GMC V8 engine parts

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Looking for GMC V8 engine parts
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:29:54 -0600
Wandering through the GMC Master Parts Book I realized that my engine
(57 347" V8) does not have an engine oil baffle (group 8.3455B, part #
518005) or the engine oil level indicator tube (group 8.3430B, part #
518269).

This is what is commonly known as a "windage tray" that prevents the
crankshaft from contacting oil in the crankcase and the bottom piece of
tube that dipstick goes through on its way past the windage tray.

If anyone out there has a scrap GMC V8 (55 through 59 all use the same
parts) that they would be willing to cannibalize for me I'd appreciate
it.