Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal wiring

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal wiring
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:56:56 -0700
> Help, I need help (again)
> Thanks to Wayne, I got the rocker arms back together.  But now, I've got
> another issue.  I just got the 7 wire turn signal assy, and just can't
> figure out the back light connections to save my life.  I'm no good at the
> schematic they supply, and when I do hook up either the orange or brown wire
> to anything in the back, they both blink.
>
> Anyway, here's my partial interpretation of the schematic:
> Red: Spliced to the existing wire from stop light switch to rear lights
> Black: L terminal on flasher
> Blue P terminal on flasher
> Yellow: Left front
> Green: right front
> Brown:
> Orange:
>
> Now these look like both of these get spliced into the existing stop light
> wire, but no matter where I go with eaither orange or brown, both sides
> blink at the same time.
>
> Can anyone take the time to spell this out for a wiring dummy?

Ok, I'll try to spell it out...

The way the stop lights are wired without turn signals, is
that both stop lights use the same wire, and go on at the
same time.

When you add turn signals, you need to run a separate wire
from each stoplight to the turn signal switch, one for
right, one for left.  Also, the wire that used to go to both
stoplights, needs to go to the turn signal switch instead.

now does it make sense?

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!