[oletrucks] Rotor clearance

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rotor clearance
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:08:21 -0800
    Hello, All.

    I have just about completed installing a Mustang II front suspension in my
1955 AD.  I'm using stock Mustang spindles and upper and lower control arms
from the boneyard. I notice that when I install the modified Granada 11 inch
rotors, I only have a few thousands of clearance between the inside of the
rotor and the lower control arm.  I asked the dkit manufacturer and they said
to grind away a litttle of the outer edge of the control arm.  No problem
there since there is plenty of material, but I'm wondering how much clearance
I should have.  A sixteenth of an inch?  An eighth?

    All help is appreciated.

    Harry
    1955 Chevy AD
    Reno, NV