[oletrucks] Made it!

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] Made it!
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:47:51 EST
All,
  Well, I have made the first step in the migration from north Texas to
central Illinois.  I loaded a 15' budget rental truck with boxes and misc shop
equipment and put my '48 3100 on a trailer behind it.  The wife followed in her
Buick.  We traveled the 850 miles on Sat & Sun the 18th and 19th of Dec.  The
weather when we loaded and left was great, in the 60s.  When we arrived here it
was in the teens and the chill factor was in the single digits!
   The good news is, the trip was uneventful and everything (especially the
'48) arrived without damage.  My truck is now backed in the garage at our new
house in Oakwood, Illinois.  We will be relocating there permanently in spring.
 Anyway, it snowed about 3 inches on the 23rd and stayed for a white
Christmas.
   For those of you planning to tow an old truck on a rental trailer, I can
say the Budget rig worked perfectly.  Easy to load and unload, and pulled fine.
 You do have to fib about what you are hauling, but the load capacity is 4050
lbs, just about what an AD weighs.  FYI, I got a lot of thumbs up and long
looks along the way.  Even had two offers to buy it!
   Anyway, I just wanted the group to know I made the trip OK and all had a
Merry Christmas (not Happy Holidays) and wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX