Re: [oletrucks] Electric Wipers

To: Oletrucks Mail List <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electric Wipers
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:30:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com> wrote:

> Here's a link over to Hotrodders.com where they're
> talking about wipers
> on our trucks ... including some cool pictures of
> Chrysler/AMC wiper
> units (and others) installed:
> http://tinyurl.com/4cjhd
>
> Alan
> http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/

Thanks for the infomation. The information generated
new questions. I want the original opposing wipers
because I think they look cool and original. That
means I will probably spent the $150 for the Newport
wiper unit. The original wiper arms need help. They
don't have enough pressure to keep the windshield
clean. I put new springs in and made sure that the
rest of the wiper arms where well lubricated and free
to move. I have come to the conclusion that replacing
them with something newer makes the most sense. Can
anyone recommend a wiper arm that will work. I know
that vendors sell replacement wiper arms for AD
trucks. I do not consider the original design to be
sufficient.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com