[oletrucks] disc brake upgrade

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] disc brake upgrade
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:06:47 -0500
Well now the weather is all nice and sunny been out working on the disc
brake upgrade for my 56. I had the m/c mounted but was severely dreading
the running of new lines to all locations, but to my enjoyment i was amazed
and how easy this task was. Getting around the stock steering box was a bit
tricky but everything else was fairly easy. I now have the drivers side
components added to the stock spindle, the calipers from Jim Carters had a
large casting nub that I had to grind off to get to fit flush not much of a
problem. I've ordered new 5 lug wheel so now i'm 5 lug all the way around,
new tires and all. Should be back on the road this weekend if all goes
well, I still need to mount the passenger side components and bleed the system.
   One more comment on Jim Carter services--most may remember that I had
some difficulties and after 3 shipment the prop valve was finally correct,
although the master cylinder bracket was totally wrong. So after 2 credit
card statements and no refund seen yet--I called Jim Carters and OOPS it
was overlooked so it took 2.5 months to get my credit. This was the first
time I've ordered from them and it will most definitely be my last. Not
even an apology at any time during this transaction for my inconveniences
but rather they left me feeling that I was inconveniencing them.  Never
again--wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne