Re: [oletrucks] pitman removal

To: Pattie1tom@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] pitman removal
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:49:32 -0500
Try soaking the connecting area in a penetrating oil such as PBBlaster or
equivalent and let sit for a while-apply liberally and may have to reapply
a few times. Best to use a gear puller that will to fit to remove as
beating and bangin on it will cause more damage and trying to pry if off
with large screwdrives will only cause a few busted knuckles and add to the
frustration. I don't think you can purchase just the steering shaft from
vendors, I checked a few and couldn't locate any. Although with many folks
conversions to modern steering components, finding a used replacement
shouldn't be a big deal. Most vendors do carry the boxes but at a nice
cost..   --wayne