Re: [old-chevy-truck] Re: [oletrucks] rear bearings

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [old-chevy-truck] Re: [oletrucks] rear bearings
From: Luke Zsiga <zigga50@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:29:24 -0600
> > Luke:  If the bearings have been in there awhile It's almost impossible to
>pull both the bearing and the seal at the same time.  Chisel out the seal
>first and the bearing should come fairly easily after that.  Remember there
>are only two small depressions to get onto the bearing with the jaws of the
>slide hammer.
> >
> > Also, the stock bearings are  MBS Co. PN C1502 - don't know the NAPA number.

 Do I feel the back of the bearing for the two depressions then put the
 claws on them? because I   BRIEFLY felt around and didn't find any
 thing like that also I used the 3 claw attachment but i'll change to
 the two claw one and look a little harder for the depressions

 When you said chisel the seal out do you mean put the chisel in
 between the bearing and seal and pry it out or put the chisel right on
 top of the old seal and break it out?
 thanks for the info this should really help