[oletrucks] 700R4 Transmission

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 700R4 Transmission
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:21:23 -0500
I hope this isn't a really stupid question, but I have a GM 700R4
transmission from a 1983 Camaro that I'm putting in my 1950.  The
transmission is out of the truck right now, and I wanted to change the
fluid and filter and put a chome pan on it before I install it.  My
question is, how do I fill it with transmission fluid after I put the
pan on?  Maybe it's really obvious, but I've looked it over and don't
see a place to add fluid.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, while
I'm on the subject, I once talked to a guy who worked in a transmission
shop, and he told me that they always recommended against painting
transmissions because the bare metal allows them to cool better.  Any
opinions on that as well?

Thanks,
Mark
1950 Chevy 3100 (in lots of pieces)