Re: [oletrucks] best single carb

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] best single carb
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:10:02 -0500
Mark Treutelaar wrote:

> Alan , When you say to make sure all the edges are sealed... Im
> wondering what you meant ? with the material itself ? or seal with
> something else

Hey, Mark

You want to make sure no water will get into any "air pockets" at any
point in time, so making sure all the edges of the "Quick Roof" are
sealed well enough that water, coming in through the window-sill (into
the door-skin area), won't run down and travel behind the "Quick Roof"
stuff.

This stuff gets REAL sticky and pliable on a hot day ... so I figure,
once we get a nice hot summer day her in Jersey, I'm gonna put my
deerskin work gloves on and get in there one more time to press the
"Quick Roof" into the door skin, making sure to flatten all areas down
real good, getting a solid seal all around, with special attention to
the tops and sides of the "Quick Roof."

If any water gets behind this stuff, rust will ensue!  So we want to be
careful.

I ran all my pieces vertically, to cooperate with the direction water
runs ... and I tucked the top edges of the "Quick Roof" up high, under
the window sill, so any water coming in there would drip ONTO the
product -- not above it where it would travel along the top edge and
try to go down.

I believe a serious pressing down of the product, against the door
skin, on a good HOT day will do the trick!

Alan