Re: [oletrucks] Keys

To: wmnelle@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Keys
From: rwelch@bartnet.net
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:41:37 CDT
Usually one cannot remove the ignition w/o the key but usually either the
glove box or the door key was the same as the ignition (but not always).
So you take a chance and remove both the door and glove box tumblers and
have keys made for them (assuming they are different - and you will know
once one of them has been made).  If one of the keys fits the ignition
then problem solved - if not, you could have the locksmith come to the
vehicle (or vice-versa) and make an ignition key.  Then if you want all
of the keys to be the same you could have the door and glove box re-keyed
to match the ignition.  Of course having the locksmith come to the
vehicle is going to be a lot more expensive which is why I suggect trying
the other two keys first.  -Bob