[oletrucks] bizarre mechanical fuel pump failure

To: "73-87Chevy Trucks" <73-87ChevyTrucks@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] bizarre mechanical fuel pump failure
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:15:35 -0800
I was disappointed to spend part of my weekend on an unplanned maintenance
project on my 86 Chevy truck...the mechanical fuel pump BROKE
physically/structurally while continuing to work well enough that the truck was
driveable.  Check pictures and writeup at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/Photos/Vehicles/86Pickup

Not only have I never seen this kind of failure before but I've never even
heard of of such a thing happening.

Mark Noakes

New Section: parts for sale (note: location = Knoxville, TN)

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."