[oletrucks] Re: Article in Classic Trucks on "Dusty's Daily Driver"

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Article in Classic Trucks on "Dusty's Daily Driver"
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:57:19 -0700
Hi Everyone! Yes, we're still here on the list - and want to thank everyone
who took the time to give us their valuable advice and input during the
recent years of restoration of Dusty's 1950 GMC. I've not yet seen the new
issue, and Dusty hasn't yet either as of today, as he now lives in San Diego
and goes to UCSD. His subscription goes there and apparently hasn't yet
arrived. He knows nothing about the article being published yet! It's a
surprise! Shhhhhh! I expect a call from him any time now!
  The truck is safely in the garage at home here, and Dusty anxiously
welcomes getting back in it when he's in town. Only problem is, it turned
out way too nice to leave parked outside his place down there in San Diego,
or on campus! It'll be his "daily driver" again this summer.... Can't wait
to have him back home again for a coupla months! I miss the kid!
Dave Destler
Dusty's dad
Woodland Hills, CA

P.S. Dusty and I met halfway last weekend at the Orange county Truck Show at
the Fairgrounds - he drove one hour up, I drove one hour down. Spent the day
together, and I discreetly searched everywhere at the show for the new
Classic Trucks, which couldn't be found!