[oletrucks] Rodding Time

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rodding Time
From: Larry D Finley <ldfinley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:58:14 +0000
Hi,

I have decided to go ahead and rod out my '51 3100.  I have found a
350/350 Turbo, engine and transmission from an Olds for abour $300, and
think I could install it ok, due to all the readily available mounting
hardward and cross members, but I have also found a V6 and 5 speed from a
95 Camaro for $375 that intrigues me.  I am thinking fuel economy here
(like who isn't these days).

Does anyone have any experience installing such a combo?  Am I going to
have a nightmare finding motor mounts, transmission mounts, and clutch
linkages?  What would you do?

Just wondering,

Larry
'51 3100