Re: [oletrucks] trucks for sale ( just sittin'....) - how to

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] trucks for sale ( just sittin'....) - how to
From: "DONALD L SIMMONS" <dntsimmons@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:16:45 -0700
Well guys, thanks for all the encouragement. My wife read my email and told me
that she would park her car outside so I could have the whole garage to work
on my truck. She is awesome. So ,I've got it in the middle of my garage and I
took the bed back off so I could redo the rear end mounts which were somewhat
mickeymoused on lots of years ago.(open driveline already) I decided that I
would go kind of ratrod with the exterior body&paint and just get the 235 back
in and driving as suggested! It's been so long I'm missing quite a few parts.
I need to get a waterpump,fuel pump,intake and exhaust manifolds,carb etc, but
I'm going to get the rear end set up right first and try to figure out which
way to go for a transmission. I have a 3-spd out of a 65 El Camino that was in
it before but the first gear syncro is bad and transmissions and I don't get
along! And I'm missing all the clutch related parts so I was thinking it might
be just as cheap to find an automatic. Didn't I read that a 350 trans can be
bolted to the 235? Anyway, thanks to all who got me off my butt and got me
going again! By the way I just have to say that my wife has got to be the best
one anywhere and is really excited about starting on the truck again. Thanks
again guys!
Don Simmons
1953 3100 (coming back to life)
Oh Yeah, after I put it back in the garage to start on again my 4 year old
grandson got in it and was sitting in the drivers seat just steering away!!!!
LIFE IS GOOD!