Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank storage (or sale)

To: cmayes26@comcast.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank storage (or sale)
From: Skyhookroth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 08:26:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/2005 10:18:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wayne@chevytrucks.org writes:

At  06:28 PM 5/1/2005, Chuck Mayes wrote:
>I've recently removed the stock  gas tank from the cab of my 1950 Chev truck.
>Should I do anything other  than drain any remaining gas for storing?

I removed gas tanks for other vehicles that developed pin hole leaks. Add a
few smooth stones and roll the tank to dislodge the rust. Flush  with alcohol
and sealed. NAPA (not any parts available) sells the sealing  agent in quart
cans.

John Roth
Gettysburg
1950 3600