RE: [oletrucks] Diagnostic Help! Electrical problem w gas

To: <Mikecdk@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Diagnostic Help! Electrical problem w gas
From: "Bill Bailey" <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:41:00 -0400
-----Original Message-----
So, I got a new wire and it finally came in so I connected it from the fuse
box to the sending unit....

Mike
I might be misunderstanding something here but I don't get why you connected
a wire from the fuse box (ignition presumably) to the sending unit. I'm
guessing the '66 gas gauge circuit is like the earlier trucks and if that is
the case the ignition wire goes to the IGN terminal on the gas gauge and
another wire goes from the SENDER terminal on the gauge to the sending unit
itself.
There is a drawing of the circuit here
http://www.classicchevytrucks.20m.com/cgi-bin/i/wiring.jpg

and there is an excellent write-up for testing this circuit at
www.chevytrucks.org

http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/gasgauge.htm

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding what you are doing and just confusing the
issue more.
Good luck!

Bill Bailey
www.oletruck.com