Re: [oletrucks] Vehicle Transporting (A little off topic)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vehicle Transporting (A little off topic)
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:56:20 -0700
 > Anyone have any other good ideas that might cost less??

FWIW, I looked into buying an old military flight line tug near OK City
last year.  The cost to have it shipped was FAR less than renting a
truck and getting it myself ( fuel costing what it does ).

The best idea I have seen is to try to combine your shipment with
others, hopefully from lists or groups you belong to. I did receive a
number of warnings about the firms who move vehicles, and thus was going
to have it done by someone recommended by a fellow lister I trusted....
however the deal fell through :[

IF it will fit into a pickup you might price renting one... I was
looking at a medium sized Ryder or U-Haul rental for the tug.

Paul