[oletrucks] Starter Problems

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Starter Problems
From: "Wayne Roworth" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:01:16 -0400
Iv'e had intermittent problems with my starter. Most times it turns over just
fine with lots of torque. Sometimes it wants to "bind" before turning over. A
few times only it does nothing and I have to tap it with a hammer before it
will turn over. I was told by a passerby that I need to get a "double wound"
starter like what's on a Corvette so it will turn my high compression engine
over without problems. My engine is a 383 Stroker, 450 hp and 411 torque and I
think it's 9:1.

Does the passerby's advice make sense?

Wayne - '47 1 Ton Panel