[oletrucks] POR-15 gas tank sealant

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] POR-15 gas tank sealant
From: tim lloyd <tim.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:39:44 -0700
Hi folks,
 It's been a while since I posted to the list, but I've still been
working on my 54 Chevy pickup, "Peanut."

I'm nearing the end of an engine rebuild, and I tracked down a bunch
of strange deposits in the intake manifold and carburetor to a whole
bunch of silvery gunk in my fuel tanks.
Deposits:  http://timlloyd.org/photos/day-5-more-prep/IMG_3196
Silvery gunk:  http://timlloyd.org/photos/day-10-fuel-system/IMG_3252

About 3 years ago, I used the POR-15 fuel tank clean & seal package to
de-rust and seal the inside of my fuel tank.  And this stuff sure
looks a heck of a lot like that POR-15 sealant to me.  It's coated the
inside of my carburetor, clogging it up something nasty.  I've since
removed the entire fuel system and am in the process of replacing it.

Has anyone else on this list run across similar problems with the
POR-15 tank sealant?  A friend of mine used the same stuff on the fuel
tanks in his Lotus at the same time I sealed "Peanut"s tanks, and he
hasn't had those problems.

Thanks!

--
tim lloyd