[oletrucks] Running again for the first time in 26 years

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Running again for the first time in 26 years
From: "Jim Karras" <jkarras@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:48:59 -0700
Today, for the first time in over 26 years, I started my truck.  It purred
like a kitten.  My wife brought the video camera along and we have some
footage with sound, but I havent a clue as to how to get it in a format
that is workable for the Internet as it is one large video file.

In any event, the truck fired right up the first time.  John one of the
technicians at the shop doing the work had the honors of being the first one
to turn the key to on and step on the starter button.  After it ran for
about 10 minutes, I climbed in and shut it off and after a quick systems
check, I started it again.  That was really an awesome feeling!  The best
part is, no leaks and everything appears to be working exactly as it should.
So, after some final valve adjustments and such, the engine is ready for
service.

Now, we just have to locate a steering column and after that is installed
the truck will be drivable.  I sure wished I could share either the video or
audio of our time this afternoon with you all.  If I figure out how to get
either media types converted to an acceptable file, I will post a link.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

All the best!

Jim Karras
Orange, CA