Re: [oletrucks] "50 GMC Starts!

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] "50 GMC Starts!
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:54:43 -0400
This is a common occurrence when the truck sets a while, i've had it happen
on mine a few times after it sits a couple months, now when sitting that
long I go out and depress the clutch every couple weeks. If you depress the
clutch and try to start the engine, the truck will move when cranking and
usually it break free. Seems the clutch and pressure plate may semi-bond
together for the constant contact.
Best of all, Congrats on getting it running!!!  I know the bee stuff all to
well, i'm severely allergic to basically any type of sting. I have to keep
an epipen (?) its a prescription type of syringe that I have to induce to
myself if I get stung and then its a trip to the emergency room. I have had
the joy of a 2 day hospital stay in the past from a simple bee sting, last
time I was stung was at my mother in laws house, didn't have my kit and
started to the emergency room. About half way there it got the best of me,
blacked out and BAM, smashed the front end of my blazer. SO there's a spare
kit at the maw-in-laws now...  --wayne