[oletrucks] Selling my '59

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Selling my '59
From: "Mike Baggese" <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:49:50 -0700
I'm selling my '59 to concentrate on my '57.  I just don't drive it anymore
and have it on Non-Op.

'59 Chevy 1/2ton stepside.  Frontend has been changed to '55/56 (singler
headlights)
In the past few thousand miles I've:
rebuilt the MC
Put new wheel cylinders on all for brakes
Ran all new brake lines
Rebuilt and installed a Dana44 3.54 Posi (new bearings, races, seals and
clutch pack)
Recored radiator.
Rebuilt generator
New heater core.
Needs almost no bodywork, but since primer is old (about 5 years) I'd blast
it then paint.
Excellent running 235 4spd granny.  Engine was dealer rebuilt in '61, truck
(before I got it) was last tagged in '62 (I have the paperwork on the
rebuild and such somewhere) I drove it off and on for a few years, maybe
put 6-8K miles on it.  Engine uses absolutely no oil, none/zilch/nada.
Most of under carriage was wire-wheeled and painited or resprayed with can
undercoating, pretty darn clean still, only highway film left on it.
Probably other stuff I've forgotten about.

Needs new bed wood...I have plywood down now, but have old strips that can
be cleaned to be used with correct wood.  Seat needs recovered.  Interior
paint needs buffing  (Corvette pearl white).  All glass intact.
Speedometer bypassed, but I have a newly rebuilt (and reset to zero)
speedo/gauge cluster to go with it.  Grille is old chrome and peeling, but
have a straight painted grille for it.  In fact I probably have everything
to replace anything on the truck...I've been collecting and running and
selling these TF's for 25 years...it's just time to narrow the crop down
some.  Might even make someone a package deal on all the spare TF stuff I
have (fenders, beds, inetrior stuff, eheaters, etc, etc...) but not
interested in selling parts just yet.

Have the original 3.92 Posi that you can have with it.  Also have a 4bolt
350 and TH400 that you can have with it as well, I sold the doublehumps off
the engine a few years ago.  The engine would come with all accessories and
brackets, just needs a carb and heads to go, extremely slight ridge in the
cylinders.

Really solid truck, can be driven daily right now.

Asking $5000.00

I'm in Oakdale, Ca.

Mike