[oletrucks] Sorta OT: AMC/engine swap ?...

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Sorta OT: AMC/engine swap ?...
From: <eds57@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:15:03 -0400
A question from my brother in law prompts me to ask ....anyone know anything
about swapping a 454 Chevy big block into a '73 Javelin AMX? Bro has the
Javelin (not really an AMX, but looks the role to a T). Currently has a 401
from his sons' gennie '73 AMX. Son wants 401 back, dad doesn't want the 360 in
his car. Has a line on a good '87 454 with a super HD built 400 th. He and I
have heard of BBC in an AMC, but need more info. Can anybody steer him/us to a
good source? I told him get the engine and tranny anyway, I'll figure out the $
angle, and put it in my '57! Torque of a 454, no substitute for cubic inches,
same money in a big block vs. small block...big block wins!
Thanks for the assistance, group!!!!

Ed in Mich
'57 3100