[oletrucks] charging system

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] charging system
From: "John Howard" <johnhoward37@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:54:58 -0700
well I think I've given up on the 6 volt system...Ive replace the regulator
twice thinking I had a dud on the first one I installed...I've had the
generator checked out at a local shop "it's ok"...I checked the wiring
and did a continuity test..all is ok...and still after running the truck
up and down the road a couple of times the ammeter shows charge
then all of a sudden it goes to the middle of the gage stays there for a
couple of min's... or so then goes into to  discharge and stays there..
The twelve volt change over is looking awful good right know..