[oletrucks] re: ballast resistor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re: ballast resistor
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:05:01 -0500
John Howard:
    Typical ballast resistor is around 1 to 2 ohms and is rated at more
than 10 watts.  Somewhere around a half inch square and 2 inches long
with screw connections on either end.  They are usually wire wound
resistors encased in some kind of a white ceramic body.  I would NOT
classify one as "flimsy".  I have seen few fail, but it doesn't happen
often.  Symptom when one fails is engine starts, but dies as soon as the
key is released.