[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2546

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2546
From: Larry Bearfield <larry@fernscountrystore.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:24:21 -0400
Tayman does have new radios that look like old ones... look like the
original with the AM dial but have FM in the background. Gary responds
to email q's and seems like a nice guy. There's been a number of
postings on Stovebolt.com about the radios. Though I really like the
look of what he's selling, I decided not to install one solely because
they use the old dial-up way of finding stations. I'm wanting one with
pushbuttons which means a newer type... I figure I can do without the
distraction while driving! I'm probably going to go with a
CustomAutosound (USA 1) which runs about $200.... which Tayman also
carries.

Larry Bear
56 3100 Stepside Daily Driver

> Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:10:43 -0500
> From: "Jeffrey Engel" <newsithlord@hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: [oletrucks] repop new AD radios
>
> I followed some links from the page you sent and found this:
> http://www.taymanelectrical.com/
>
> The prices listed on this website are less than what you posted and
> they
> make it sound like they do the work.  Plus they have radios for all
> sorts of
> stuff and from what it looks like, they can do anything.  All with a
> 1-2
> week turnaround.  Although, the prices are if you send your radio to
> them.
> so, it may be cheaper to buy the repops you talk about
>
> Maybe tayman is the source you are looking for.  Or it could be that
> this is
> the person that is offering to sell the radios in the first place.
>
> I might be interested in a TF radio if the price were right.  Let me
> know
> what you find out!
>
> Hope this helps!
> Jeff Engel