[oletrucks] home on a roll back update

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] home on a roll back update
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:24:44 -0400
Well, finally got my butt of our new bike long enough to take a look at the
truck as some may recall the possibility of jumped timing. I ran across the
guy who build the engine a couple weeks ago and he stated he would be
totally surprised if it jumped time, as he used double timing gears and
chains with metal teeth. I pulled the distributor and immediately saw the
problem, the gear it totally kaput. First thought the oil pump locked up
but it works fine with a long screwdriver but I have recalled recently that
the distributor clamp hasn't been seating the distributor firmly and guess
it had moved up and down a bit causing the wear to the point that it
failed. The gears were pretty sharp so now have to look down and see if the
cam gears are shot also.
Got a new distributor on the way as I wanted to get a new one anyway along
with a new intake, reason for the new intake is the bolt hole that the
distributor clamp does in was stripped...   Gotta luv it..   --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne