[oletrucks] Re: New Garage - Lighting

To: OLETRUCKS <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: New Garage - Lighting
From: Uncle Kevin <UncleKevin@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:49:12 -0400
I would go with fluorescent lights, But use the outdoor ones so when you go
outside on those cold Southeastern Michigan mornings the lights will work in
the cold.
Or you can put in fluorescents and incandescent lights on separate switches so
that in the cold you can turn on the regular bulbs until the shop heats up.
The standard fluorescents don't work to good in the cold.

Uncle Kevin.
UncleKevin@shaw.ca
http://members.shaw.ca/UncleKevin/

From: dcvjrv@comcast.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New Garage - Lighting

I am in the process of building a garage to store and work on my
vehicles.  I will be 50' x 64' with 13' from floor to bottom of trusses
and will be clear span.  I am looking for comments and
recommendations as to the best lighting to install.  I want to keep
the lights even with the bottom of the trusses.  The walls will be
drywalled (sheet rocked) and the ceiling will be left open.

Thanks for any and all comments and recommendations.

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@comcast.net