[oletrucks] u-joint

To: old-chevy-truck <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] u-joint
From: luke zsiga <50chevy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:05:49 -0600
i am having problems with the metal sleeve that seals off the u-joint.
Theres a 1/4inch space between the slip joint collar and the tranny, its
pretty hard to start all 4 bolts but when i got them in and tightened them
to close the gap the bolt broke so i took it all off and realized that i had
painted the ball that slides into the tranny so i cleaned the paint off and
went back to bolt the collar on but its still really hard and i don't think
the collar seals off all the way. I think it may be the new cork seal that
seals the collar from the ball I ordered it from Chevy duty and installed it
correctly but it may be to thick? has any one else had problems with this?
also on my u-joint i don't have the regular trunnion lock ring that bolts on
but i have a c shaped lock ring does any one know where i could get one?
would napa or another LAPS have them?