[oletrucks] re: electrical terminals

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re: electrical terminals
From: "J Forbes" <jforbspam@fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:23:12 -0700
Anybody know of a source for auto electrical terminals.  I can find all
the standard crimp stuff but I'm looking to replace some of the plastic
odd configurations like the box shaped gizmos with 4 spade type
terminals or the T shaped with 3 terminals.  I've tried the standard
google search but all I can come up with is the single wire crimp stuff.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob--I've gotten the plasting housings and contacts from the local GM
dealer, but it was years ago...I have some part numbers if you'd like to
try to find them.  4 contact housing male 2977048, female 2977049.  3
contact housing male 2965104, female 2984678.  GM dealers used to have
what's called a STandard Parts Catalog with this stuff in it.

for the contacts themselves that crimp on the wire and snap into th
ehousing, try a good auto parts store that sells Belden products, number
725147 for the female conact, 725144 for the male contact.  This is a
number for a box of 50 each.

Jim
--
  J Forbes