RE: [oletrucks] GMC Engine

To: "Charles Hosang" <hosang1@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] GMC Engine
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:59:02 -0600
Don't know what year it is, but I picked 1957 and tried NAPA's online
parts system.

They show an overhaul gasket set

        NAPA Gaskets Full Gasket Set NGAFS1935S  $ 81.99

as well as 22 other subsets.

They showed new and rebuilt with pulley sizes of 3/8", 5/8" and 7/8"
Here are the two you'd be interested in.

NAPA New Water Pumps Water Pump - New  NWP5536N  $ 109.00   w/o Power
Steering, w/ 5/8" Grooved Pulley

NAPA Water Pump - Remfd WP598012  $ 57.37  Core 27.78   w/ 5/8" Grooved
Pulley

I use NAPA's web site to find part numbers and then go to the local
store to actually order the part.  You usually pay less (get a discount)
at the store and do not pay for shipping.

The 270" GMC six didn't change a lot over the years it was made.  I'd
bet that you could look up gasket sets and water pumps from the first
year available to the last and would probably find the same parts.