Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck turn signals parking lights

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck turn signals parking lights
From: "J Forbes" <jforbspam@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:12:56 -0700
> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:30:20 -0600
> From: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck turn signals parking lights
>
> I just finished installing an American Autowire wiring kit for my 55
> Chevy
> truck   .  When I put this together I installed a new front  parking
> lights
> from Chevy Duty . .  They could not tell me which wire was for turn
> signals
> and which for parking lights .  I have parking lights that work but the
> turn
> signals dont  work  even tho the flasher is working . Could this be
> because I
> have  the parking light  wire and turn signal  wire switched  ? or would
> they
> still work and just be dim ?  Any help is appreciated

If the wires are switched, the park lights will be bright, and the turn
signals will be dim.  So if the park lights are on you won't see the
turn signals, and if it's daytime you probably wont' see them either.

Switch the wires on one side and see if it helps, if it does then do the
other side too.

There might be other problems though, like maybe the housing is not
properly grounded due to paint, rust, crappy chinese parts, etc.

Jim
--
  J Forbes
  jforbspam@fastmail.fm