[oletrucks] GMC Step plates from American Classic Truck Parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC Step plates from American Classic Truck Parts
From: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2, 412 AMXS/MXA2T"
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:10:18 -0000
All,

A couple week ago I ordered aluminum step plates for my GMC from one
supplier and the next day I saw the plates advertised online by "American
Classic Truck Parts" in Stainless Steel for a few dollars more. I decided
these would be better and ordered them. When they arrived I discovered they
are aluminum, just like the ones I had already received from another vender.
I call American Classic Truck Parts to inquire and their response is below.
Notice there is no apology for the error and they ask me to pay for shipping
back to them via US mail when they sent the package via UPS. They are
waiving a 20% restocking fee. Well, dahhhhh!

I called and asked why they will not issue a return number for UPS and not
inconvenience me with the charges for US mail and waiting in line at the
post office at Christmas time?  The returns person told me they have trouble
with UPS.  Funny, they sent it that way! He blamed the whole thing on "Jim
Carter" saying that was their supplier and they had not notified American
Classic of a change. The final blow was when they hung up on me and refused
customer service.  As you can tell, I am more than a bit P.O.d. Just thought
the group should know.  BTW, this is my first and last dealing with this
company.  I doubt I will get my money back from a company that blames
another supplier for false advertising and hangs up when I request a
resolution that does not inconvenience me for their error!  Merry
Christmas......

Dear Mr. Williams,

I spoke to our returns gentleman.  He checked with the supplier & at one
time these were polished stainless & have now been changed to polished
aluminum.

If you would like to return the step plates, you can send them back by U.S.
mail to American Classic Truck Parts, P.O. Box 409, Aubrey, TX  76227 or UPS
3672 Hidden Heights, Pilot Point, TX  76258. Please reference RMA #6118 on
the outside of the box.  We will waive the 20% restock fee. Unfortunately we
do not have the stainless steel available. We will credit your card once the
parts come back.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Joann

American Classic Truck Parts