[oletrucks] Update and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

To: NAPCO_trucks <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Update and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 05:26:05 -0800
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Things have been busy...just check the following for what keeps me
busy and from making progress on the Suburban and NAPCO (a photo shoot
gone bad that worked out after all...the little guys just turned 4):

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/FamilyPhotos/Noakesboyz2005/_archives/2005/12/18/1454581.html

not that work and the PhD don't preoccupy me as well...2006 is my drop
dead deadline on the PhD.

I have a pre-New Years visit planned with my brother Brian on
splitting the Sub body from the frame so that we can finally make
progress on it.  He has his new shop on his Pulaski TN farm
complete...a nice 40-ft by 60-ft building.  This "farm" is a "truck
farm" as this old barn with companion "plantings" at the back of the
property reveals:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/Vehicles/58Suburban/_archives/2005/3/12/425059.html

Actually I think he just bought the farm so that he would have a place
where neighbors would quit giving him grief over all his old trucks;
other than a small herd of livestock that are more his wife's pets
than farm animals, he doesn't do any major farming.

The Sub's frame and drivetrain or at least some major parts will come
to Knoxville for me to do...the hard part will be clearing space in
the garage.  Brian will keep the body at his place and do the bodywork
and paint.

Hopefully I'll finally get to post some progress.  At present, the 58
GMC NAPCO and the 73/74 Lotus JPS (each has its own area on the web
site) are arguing over who gets to be next in the restoration queue.
We'll see.

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."--Anonymous