Re: [oletrucks] tail lights

To: "John Howard" <johnhoward37@sympatico.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tail lights
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:04:10 -0800
The LED (light emitting diode) units requirte very little current
compared to say a 1157 12V lamp.The little plug- in flasher unit is
really a small  heat activated momentary switch, which makes and breaks
thus turning the lights on intermittently. The amount of resistance in
the circuit determines how much current flows through the circuit and
the flasher unit requires a certain amount of current to heat the small
element within which activates the make/brerak switch. The LRD's draw
much less current so they may inhibit the element within the flasher
from working properly.
This is over simplified but it is what he was stating..

--
"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net