RE: [oletrucks] 81 camaro front end

To: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 81 camaro front end
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:27:43 -0500
The rear end should be comparable in width so either should fit, I recall
the 82 and newer used a smaller ring gear so the older 70-81 rears are
better. Don't forget to figure out the rear end ratio and one might be
better than the other in highway gearing. Of course you have to do the
normal spring perch mounting, but that just normal for this swap. Can't go
wrong getting the old tape measure out..   --wayne