[oletrucks] Hood for my Advance Design - two piece to one piece

To: "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood for my Advance Design - two piece to one piece
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:07:11 -0600
Gang,

Body work question:

I want to connect my two piece hood without using the original strip.  I
understand that  welding the seam can be very tricky.

What about using the 3M body panel connection adhesive?  I have heard and seen
pictures of it being used in place of welding.  One example I saw was to use
the adhesive for replacement floor boards.

I do not know the type or name of the particular 3M adhesive/glue.

Any ideas on whether or not to use it and, if so, what product to use?

Thanks in advance.

Michael