[oletrucks] AD BURB clamshell clear license plate lens?

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] AD BURB clamshell clear license plate lens?
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:25:12 -0700
OK, I left out from the previous message that this lens is for an AD
SUBURBAN clamshell tail gate, not barn doors.  We're talking first class
here.  The clamshell tail light is 5 inches in circumference.  Red lenses
are no problem but it seems that nobody carries the gasket nor the clear
glass that goes in the bottom of the 5 inch tail light housing that allows
white light to shine on the license plate.

One trivia note for those non Burb types.  The tail light is always facing
the rear even when the clamshell is down cuz the tail light has a hinge and
a bar that keeps it horizontal.  It is just the coolest thing that you have
ever seen.  F%#D guys can't figure it out but that is a given.  It also
keeps them occupied for weeks on end.  Same thing happens when you give them
a shiny object.  ***ALso note that I never mentioned anything about what
what Texans do in the same scenario***

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb with no liscense plate lens