[oletrucks] Power steering pump question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Power steering pump question
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:32:43 -0600
I am considering adding power steering using a kit from CPP.  It uses a
"Saginaw power steering box" from a late 70's-early 80's Chevy pickup.
My '57 GMC (Pontiac) V8 is not a 350 Chevy, so finding aftermarket
brackets to attach a power steering pump is about impossible.  I do have
a power steering pump and mounting hardware from a '57 Pontiac which
will bolt right onto my truck.

My question is "Will a power steering pump from a '57 Pontiac work well
with a early 80s Saginaw power steering box?"  I don't have specs for an
early 80's pump, but I do have specs for the '57 pump.

--Minimum Output--      --Maximum Output--   Relief Valve
     Engine                  Engine          Opens At
GPM     RPM      PSI     GPM    RPM        PSI      PSI
1.5   465    700     2.1     1500       50    775-875

Anyone have the equivalent specs for the late model pump?