RE: [oletrucks] brakes

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] brakes
From: "Dave" <kruc@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:17:39 -0700
I'm very safety conscious about things like brakes and steering so I paid a
hotrod shop to weld in my IFS and plumb the brakes. They put in a dual
master cylinder and the 2lb and 10 lb check valves, but rather than a
proportioning valve out of some junked car they put in an adjustable rear
proportioning valve inside the frame rail behind the cab. The instructions I
got were to adjust it towards closed if the rears locked up much quicker
than the fronts did.
Dave '57 3100