[oletrucks] 2 stage really needed?

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 2 stage really needed?
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:42:20 -0500
I searched the archives and didn't really find what I was looking for, so
hear goes.
What is a 2 stage air compressor and is it really necessary for home use? I
just want a compressor that will allow me to run an orbit sander without
running out of air. The small compressor I have now runs it well for about
30 seconds then I have to wait.
I was looking at a 7hp 13.3 scfm @ 90psi with a 60 gallon tank. I may be
able to put one of those in the budget, but all the 2 stage compressors I
have seen are twice that amount and I was wondering if I really need that. I
am thinking not, I don't use that much air except when I start sanding on my
truck I want the air to push it. I also want to be able to afford to work on
my truck...heheheh  thanks
        Tom in SC
        1955 2nd
`       1997 S-10