Re: [oletrucks] Truck Stalls

To: EEHodges@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Stalls
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:16:49 -0800 (PST)
Emory,
I had the same problem with my truck (350 w/4bbl), I
thought something was going wrong, until I took my
wifes 93 New Yorker for a ride and it behaved the same
way. Then i remembered that both had gas in them from
six monthes ago. The truck was close to empty, so I
filled it up with premium and took it for a ride. The
problem went away. Since you mentioned period of low
use, I wanted to make sure you knew that the crappy
gas available now does not age well. Before going nuts
on the engine, try a new tank of gasoline.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

--- EEHodges@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all - I haven't been very active on the list in
> several years though I
> still follow the digest. I have a 48 3/4 ton
> w/original 216 engine. The engine
> runs fairly well, but I've developed a recent
> problem. The truck will start
> and  idle fine in the driveway or even after warmed
> up on the road. However,
> immediately after coming to a stop (like at an
> intersection), it stalls. Usually
>  it will re-start without much problem and off we go
> again. I've tried
> increasing  idle speed a bit (or a lot with the
> throttle) without improvement.
>
> This happened a few years ago also after a period of
> low use (several  months
> without being driven).

Jim Nordwall
http://www.geocities.com/jimnordwall/