Re: [oletrucks] Double flaring tools

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Double flaring tools
From: "DONALD L SIMMONS" <dntsimmons@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:09:59 -0700
Well, I took the double flaring tool back to the local Napa where I bought it.
The owner seemed to think it was just me and decided he would show me how to
make his Napa tool work. We went into the shop and his shop foreman tried to
use it on some 1/4" brake line(same as mine). He set it up in the vise and the
first time it just pushed the tubing through instead of flaring. The second
time he tightened it up with a wrench and broke the bolt(the second bolt,I
broke the first one). The third or fourth or fifth time(I quit counting) we
used his old beat up flaring tool which worked flawlessly.They ended up giving
me a flaring tool that was made up from 3 different packages trying to make
one good one.There were other problems also but this is the condensed version
of the story. The shop foreman got frustrated with the whole process and told
me to bring this one back if I had any more problems and they would refund my
money because they were garbage. This was a KD brand in Napa packaging and it
was made in the U.S.  Just thought you guys might want to hear about the
problems.
Don Simmons