Re: [oletrucks] lowering rear end 1955 chevy

To: "Norm Donnelly" <normd@metrocast.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] lowering rear end 1955 chevy
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:42:44 -0400
Norm,
   I done that, removed the 1st and 3rd starting from the bottom. Of course
load capacity is greatly diminished but don't haul items in the bed anyway.
Of course the correct way would be to put lowering rear spring hangers,
monos or a flip kit. I personally have had no adverse effects for the leaf
removal but the rear end is nowhere near as stiff. I've stitched a photo
together to visually show the differences with a before and after photo. I
did this when I put my 5 lug nova rear
in.http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/rearcompare.jpg
Finally getting around to getting the ole 327 cam installation complete---I
know been a while since the cam/distributor failure---last november. Since
getting the new motorcycle, been having trouble getting out of the saddle
of it and back to the ole truck. Here's a link to view what i've done so
far http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/engineblock.jpg  never mind the large
hole in the firewall, the PO butchered and ran the AC lines through there,
plan on repairing also. Going to be putting new shiny stuff everywhere to
freshen it back up. Bought one of the permastar coated Edelbrock intakes
and can't wait to get it all back together. Cam is in and valves set so
coming right along...

Hopes this helps..   --wayne