[oletrucks] 216 in my '46 stalling

To: "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 216 in my '46 stalling
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:50:18 -0500
Guys,

I try to drive Buddy every month.  This month our drive with my son (who is
visiting from Brooklyn) took us about 10 miles into town on an unseasonably
hot day of 90 degress.  On the way back the truck stalled - seemed like it was
out of gas.

By fantastic coincidence, another old trucker buddy drove by and stopped.  He
said it might be that the fuel pump is weak and that when the truck uses some
gas, the pump has a difficult time pulling against the slight vacuum in the
tank.  He said to take off the gas cap and try starting.  And it worked!
Started right up.

My question, could this be the case and I need to replace the fuel pump?  Or
is something else at work here?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Michael Lubitz
(512) 306-1681